Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tenement Museum

I checked out the website of the Tenement Museum (New York) website that Dr. Fitzgerald was talking about it class today and all I have to say is very significant to see what really the immigrants that had came several years ago! I clicked on the History tab and it directed me to artifacts, pictures, some oral histories, and even a report card from the 1860's! From years 1800's-some of 1900's what was there and what was not. 
The pictures of the museum seem so real it looks like something that is still in existence. We are fortunate to see such displays of what America's Immigrants lifestyle was thousands of years ago and compare and contrast a little to our decade today. Wish to visit this famous building one time in my lifetime.
=]
 http://www.nypi.net/new-york-lower-east-side-tenement-museum/

No comments:

Post a Comment